Howard Hsieh Involved in a New REIT Dispute
Howard Hsieh (CRD #: 4947882), a broker registered with Cetera Investment Services, is embroiled in a new investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on September 27, 2021. His two most recent disputes both involve Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs).
On July 9, 2021, an investor alleged that the timeframe for a REIT was misrepresented. Timeframes for REIT investments can be quite long – they are often highly illiquid, meaning that investors may not be able to cash out for an extended period of time. This makes REITs unsuitable for investors who may need to access their funds.
On August 19, 2020, an investor alleged that Howard Hsieh misrepresented a REIT, among other service issues. The firm denied the dispute, but investors should know that firms can deny disputes without any external review. Investors should know that they can still pursue FINRA arbitration and recover their losses following a denial.
On July 29, 2019, investors alleged that Howard Hsieh violated state securities statutes and made contractual promises that investors could recover their losses. The investor is seeking $500,000; the dispute is pending.
Howard Hsieh Background Information
Howard Hsieh has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
He is a registered broker in four states and is a registered investment adviser in California.
Howard Hsieh has worked for the following firms:
- Cetera Investment Services (CRD #: 15340)
- Cetera Investment Advisers (CRD #: 105644)
- Bancwest Investment Services (CRD #: 29357)
- Primevest Financial Services (CRD #: 15340)
- CitiGroup Global Markets (CRD #: 7059)
- CitiGroup Investment Services (CRD #: 23988)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Howard Hsieh and you have concerns about your investments, contact Kurta Law today. Call 877-600-0098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.