Investor Seeks Over $1.6 Million in Damages in Dispute with Horace Barker
Horace Barker (CRD #: 1639677), a broker registered with Morgan Stanley, allegedly failed to prevent unauthorized access to client’s account, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on February 1, 2023. Read on to learn more about his alleged conduct as a broker.
On November 2, 2022, an investor alleged that, among other things, Horace Barker failed to prevent an unauthorized third party from making withdrawals from the client’s account. The client seeks $1,608,876 in this pending dispute.
FINRA Rule 2010
FINRA Rule 2010 holds brokers to high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade. Allowing an unauthorized third party to make withdrawals violates this rule.
Horace Barker has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 3 – National Commodity Futures Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 22 – Direct Participation Programs Representative Examination
- Series 10 – General Securities Sales Supervisor – General Module Examination
- Series 9 – General Securities Sales Supervisor – Options Module Examination
Horace Barker is a registered broker in 22 states and the District of Columbia. He is also a registered investment adviser in New York and Texas.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Citigroup Global Markets (CRD#:7059)
- Copeland Equities (CRD#:7447)
- Smith Barney (CRD#:7059)
- Kidder, Peabody & Company (CRD#:7613)
- Anchor Properties (CRD#:10320)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Horace Barker and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.