Investor Alleges George Duff Engaged in Unauthorized Trading
George Duff (CRD #: 2768560), a broker registered with Triad Advisors, was involved in a recent dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on July 6, 2022. Investors may also have engaged his services through Grace Capital Management.
On March 28, 2022, an investor alleged George Duff engaged in unauthorized trading and generated excessive commissions. The client sought $360,000 in damages but was denied by the firm.
However, investors should know that firms can deny disputes without allowing any external review. Investors can potentially recover their funds after a denial by seeking out FINRA arbitration.
FINRA Rules 3260 and 2111
Excessive trading violates FINRA Rule 2111, which requires individual securities and overall trading activity to suit an investor’s financial goals. Excessive trading generally incurs high commissions and fees that eat into investors’ returns, making it fundamentally unsuitable.
George Duff has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 31 – Futures Managed Funds Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
George Duff is a registered broker in 14 states and the District of Columbia. He is also a registered investment adviser in Texas.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Grace Capital Management (CRD#:150054)
- Duff & Boynton (CRD#:144415)
- Triad Advisors (CRD#:25803)
- Wachovia Securities Financial Network (CRD#:11025)
- A. G. Edwards & Sons (CRD#:4)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with George Duff and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.