Gail Maidenbaum Facing Allegations of Unsuitable FS KKR Investment
Gail Maidenbaum (CRD #: 1882772), a broker registered with Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments, is involved in an investor dispute regarding an FS KKR investment, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on July 28, 2021. Maidenbaum is also registered as an investment adviser with Concord Wealth Partners.
On June 9, 2021, an investor alleged that Gail Maidenbaum invested his portfolio in lower-rated bonds, which were not consistent with his risk tolerance. FINRA requires that brokers only recommend “suitable” investments to their investors – meaning investments that suit their risk tolerance and financial goals. The investor further alleged that Maidenbaum recommended shares of Franklin Square Capital Corp (FS KKR), a business development company that came with too much risk for the average investor. Also, the investor had fee-related complaints related to their Penn Mutual Variable Annuity, alleging an increased rider fee.
Gail Maidenbaum Background Information
Maidenbaum has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
She is a registered broker in 13 states and a registered investment adviser in Texas and Maryland.
Gail Maidenbaum has worked with the following firms:
- Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments (CRD #: 35747)
- Concord Wealth Partners (CRD #: 118643)
- Beck (CRD #: 1763)
- MML Investors Services (CRD #: 10409)
- The Financial Strategies Group (CRD #: 114056)
- Maple Leaf Securities (CRD #: 18212)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Gail Maidenbaum and you have concerns about your investments, contact Kurta Law today. Call 212-658-1502 or email email@example.com.