Frank Ho Faces His Second $10,000 Regulatory Fine
Frank Ho (CRD #: 2692573), a broker registered with Integral Financial, has been suspended by FINRA, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on September 9, 2021. This is not his first regulatory action – keep reading for more details.
The SEC alleged that between 2015 and 2017, Frank Ho supervised financial advisors who made unsuitable recommendations of highly complex and high-risk variable interest rate structured products. These are illiquid securities with maturity periods of 15 years or more. The SEC alleges that Integral representatives recommended these securities to investors who had reached retirement age and relied on securities for income. High-risk, long-term investments are not suitable for these types of investors. Frank Ho and Integral Financial allegedly failed to supervise their financial advisors.
The SEC issued a sanction ordering Frank Ho to not act in a supervisory capacity with any broker, dealer, or investment adviser for six months. Frank Ho was also fined $10,000.
FINRA Fine Regarding Communications with the Public
There is another regulatory action dated December 17, 2013. FINRA alleged that Frank Ho was responsible for ensuring that his member firm’s communications with the public complied with regulatory rules. Frank Ho took an active role in the firm’s creation, approval, and supervision of public communications.
The firm produced mixed-language ads, with descriptions of securities in both Chinese and English. The risks and disclaimers allegedly only appeared in English. FINRA allegedly warned Frank Ho that the advertisements were misleading. The firm allegedly continued to disseminate non-compliant public communications on the firm’s websites.
Frank Ho consented to a $10,000 fine and 6 hours of continuing education regarding regulatory requirements for public communications. You can read a copy of the agreement here.
Frank Ho Background Information
Frank Ho has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 55 Limited Representative-Equity Trader Exam
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 27 Financial and Operations Principal Examination
- Series 4 Registered Options Principal Examination
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in California.
Frank Ho has worked with the following firms:
- Integral Financial (CRD #: 120343)
- White Pacific Securities (CRD #: 42505)
- Thomas F. White & Co. (CRD #: 7661)
- Integrity Securities (CRD #: 41321)
- Sunlogic Securities (CRD #: 38054)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Frank Ho and you have concerns about your investments, contact Kurta Law today. Call 877-600-0098 or email email@example.com.