Eric Davidson Subject of a Six-Figure Dispute
Eric Davidson (CRD #: 2731195), a broker registered with Aegis Capital Corp, is the subject of an investor dispute. This is according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on October 30, 2023. Keep reading if you have questions about his alleged conduct as a broker.
On August 22, 2023, an investor alleged Eric Davidson recommended unsuitable investments. The investor is seeking $300,000. The dispute was denied by the firm, but investors should know that firms can deny disputes without any external review. Following a denial, investors may still be able to recover their funds via FINRA arbitration.
What is an Unsuitable Investment?
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to evaluate whether an investment strategy fits their investor’s financial goals. Brokers must examine the investor’s profile, which contains the following investor characteristics:
- Risk tolerance
- Time horizon (i.e., how long the investor plans to hold the investment)
- Investing experience
- Tax status
- Financial goals
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 3 National Commodity Futures Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products / Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in 18 states and is a registered investment adviser in Oregon, Virginia, and Washington.
During his 27 years in the securities industry, he has registered with seven firms:
- Aegis Capital Corp (CRD #: 15007)
- JHS Capital Advisors (CRD #: 112097)
- Paulson Investment Company (CRD #: 5670)
- M.S. Howells & Co. (CRD #: 104100)
- UBS Financial Services (CRD #: 8174)
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith (CRD #: 7691)
- U.S. Bancorp (CRD #: 17439)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Eric Davidson and have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm that exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.