Eric Batey Embroiled in Investor Dispute
Eric Batey (CRD #:3013255), a broker registered with Berthel, Fisher & Company Financial Services, is involved in a pending investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record accessed on March 26, 2022.
On December 28, 2021, Eric Batey was named in an investor dispute alleging unsuitability and misrepresentation. The client also alleged that Eric Batey’s member firm failed to adequately supervise him. The investor is seeking $50,000; the dispute is pending.
FINRA Rules 2111, 3110, and 2020
Brokers who recommend securities are subject to FINRA rules and regulations.
- FINRA Rule 2111 requires registered brokers to have a “reasonable basis” to believe that a transaction or investment strategy suits their client’s needs.
- FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits brokerage firms and stockbrokers from making material misrepresentations or persuading individuals to buy investments with misleading statements about their potential benefits.
- FINRA Rule 3110 requires brokerage firms to properly monitor and supervise their brokers and financial advisers. When an investment broker engages in wrongdoing against the interests of the client resulting in losses or damages, the brokerage firm may be held liable for the client’s losses.
Eric Batey has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
Eric Batey is a registered broker in five states.
Besides Berthel, Fisher & Company Financial Services, Eric Batey has also worked with LPL Financial Corporation (CRD#: 6413) and Edward Jones (CRD#: 250).
Kurta Law Can Help
If you suffered losses after working with Eric Batey, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.