Edmund Iannelli Allegedly Recommended Unsuitable Structured Products
Edmund Iannelli (CRD #: 2052704), a broker registered with Ameriprise Financial Services, is the subject of an investor dispute. This disclosure appears on his BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 6, 2023. Keep reading if you have questions about his alleged conduct.
On August 14, 2023, an investor alleged that Edmund Iannelli recommended unsuitable structured products. The investor is seeking $200,000.
Structured products are complex investments that combine a bond and a derivative. Investors’ returns are dependent on the performance of the derivative component. These components might include forwards, options, and swaps.
FINRA Rule 2111 – Unsuitable Investments
FINRA Rule 2111 defines suitable investments as securities that fit an investor’s profile. Investor profiles have information on the investor’s age, risk tolerance, tax status, investing experience, and financial goals. Investments that do not take these factors into account may be unsuitable. Structured products are often unsuitable because of the risky nature of the underlying investments.
Edmund Iannelli has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
He is a registered broker in 25 states and D.C. He is also a registered investment adviser in New Jersey and Texas.
During his 32 years of experience, Edmund Iannelli has registered with the following firms:
- Ameriprise Financial Services (CRD #: 6363)
- Morgan Stanley (CRD #: 148777)
- Morgan Stanley & Co. (CRD #: 8209)
- Morgan Stanley DW (CRD #: 7556)
- Ryan Beck & Co. (CRD #: 3248)
- Gruntal & Co. (CRD #: 372)
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith (CRD #: 7691)
- McLaughlin, Piven, Vogel Securities (CRD #: 7404)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Edmund Iannelli and have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm that exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.