Douglas Gow Named in Dispute Involving Investment in GWG Holdings
Douglas Gow (CRD #: 709653), a broker registered with Dempsey Lord Smith, allegedly made misrepresentations and omissions, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on October 31, 2022. If you have questions about his conduct as a broker, keep reading.
On September 20, 2022, an investor filed a dispute alleging that their purchase of $100,000 in GWG Holdings in April 2016 was unsuitable for them. They further allege that Douglas Gow made material misrepresentations and omissions. The client seeks $60,333.33 in this pending dispute.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to tailor their investment recommendations to suit investors’ profiles. These profiles contain information about investors’ age, tax status, and investment goals.
Investors who rely on brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses by seeking out FINRA arbitration.
FINRA Rule 2020
FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits the use of manipulative, deceptive, or otherwise unethical methods to influence the purchase and sale of securities. This includes the misrepresentation or omission of material facts related to investments.
Douglas Gow has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 1 – Registered Representative Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
Douglas Gow is a registered broker in six states and a registered investment adviser in Georgia.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Capital Investment Advisory Services (CRD#:149124)
- Capital Investment Group (CRD#:14752)
- Equity Services (CRD#:265)
- 1717 Capital Management Company (CRD#:4082)
- Securities America (CRD#:10205)
- Jefferson-Pilot Investor Services (CRD#:5178)
- Forth Financial Securities (CRD#:14363)
- W. S. Griffith & Company (CRD#:10410)
- Phoenix Equity Planning Corporation (CRD#:3036)
- Ogilvie & Taylor Securities Corporation (CRD#:10105)
- Guardian Investor Services (CRD#:6635)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Douglas Gow and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.