Doris Lau Allegedly Failed to Inform Client of Risk
Doris Lau (CRD #: 5750600), a broker registered with Cetera Investment Services, is involved in a pending dispute, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on May 28, 2022. Read on to learn more about Doris Lau’s conduct as a broker.
On February 17, 2022, an investor alleged that Doris Lau failed to make her aware of the risks associated with an unspecified product. This dispute is currently pending.
FINRA Rule 2020
The misrepresentation and omission of information related to investments violate FINRA Rule 2020, which forbids the use of deception, manipulation, and other unethical methods of influencing investors’ decisions.
What is broker negligence?
Many actions can qualify as negligence, including omitting information, giving unsuitable investment recommendations, and excessive trading. Investors may be able to recoup losses caused by broker negligence by pursuing FINRA arbitration.
Doris Lau has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
Doris Lau is a registered broker in nine states and a registered investment adviser in California.
She has also worked for the following firms:
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith (CRD#:7691)
- HSBC Securities (USA) (CRD#:19585)
- First Brokerage America (CRD#:43431)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Doris Lau and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.