Dermod Cavanaugh Settled a Dispute for Over $24,000,000
Dermod Cavanaugh (CRD #: 4030821), a broker formerly registered with Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, settled a dispute for over $24 million, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on July 9, 2021.
On February 15, 2019, an investor alleged that Dermod Cavanaugh recommended unsuitable investments and executed excessive trades. The investor sought $50,000,000; the dispute settled for $24,250,000.
That is not the only investor dispute on Cavanaugh’s record. On August 6, 2009, an investor alleged that Dermod Cavanaugh recommended unsuitable investments and made misrepresentations. The investor sought $148,353; the dispute was denied. Denials simply mean the firm denies their representative engaged in wrongdoing; investors can still recover their losses following a denial.
Dermod Cavanaugh Background Information
Cavanaugh has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
He has worked for the following firms:
- Merill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith (CRD #: 7691)
- Morgan Stanley & Co (CRD #: 8209)
- Morgan Stanley DW (CRD #: 7556)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Dermod Cavanaugh and you have concerns about unsuitable investments, contact Kurta Law today. Call 212-658-1502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.