Denise Sobczak Is the Subject of FINRA Investigation
Denise Sobczak (CRD #: 3078128), a broker registered with Kestra Investment Services, is the subject of a FINRA investigation, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on December 14, 2021. She is also an investment advisor registered with Kestra Advisory Services.
Denise Sobczak’s FINRA Case
On November 15, 2021, FINRA announced that it was investigating Denise Sobczak for allegedly violating federal securities laws or FINRA regulations.
Heightened Supervision Agreement With New Jersey Bureau of Securities
Following a review of Denise Sobczak's disciplinary history, the New Jersey Bureau asked Denise Sobczak to sign a heightened supervision agreement as a condition of registration. The agreement has restricted Denise Sobczak's activities. According to the agreement, she shall not:
- Act in a supervisory capacity; have any legal or beneficial ownership interest, nor exercise any direct or indirect involvement in the direction or control of any broker-dealer or investment adviser or branch office.
- Open any new accounts as a broker or investment adviser of record or solicit the opening of any new accounts.
- Solicit nor give advice.
- Receive any fees or commissions on any securities or investment advisory business whatsoever, nor be the Agent of record on any accounts.
Employment Termination Details
On September 25, 2020, Raymond James Financial Services fired Denise Sobczak for allegedly violating firm policies related to document integrity. According to the allegations, Denise Sobczak:
- Accepted blank, signed forms from clients.
- Copy-pasted client signatures and initials to account documents
- Copy-pasted the Branch Manager's signature to account documents.
Her alleged conduct was unethical and violates FINRA Rule 2010, which requires that all industry members conduct business with high standards of commercial honor.
Denise Sobczak has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 - Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- SIE - Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 31 - Futures Managed Funds Examination
- Series 7 - General Securities Representative Examination
She is a registered broker in 8 states. She is also a registered investment advisor in New Jersey.
Denise Sobczak has also worked with the following firms:
- Citigroup Global Markets (CRD#:7059)
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated (CRD#:7691)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have suffered losses after working with Denise Sobczak, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.