Cory Odland Fired By Edward Jones
Cory Odland (CRD #: 6960846), a broker formerly registered with Edward Jones, has been fired, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 18, 2021. Read the firm’s allegations below.
On August 6, 2021, Edward Jones alleged Cory Odland violated his firm’s policies. He allegedly sent inappropriate messages, including business communications, via his personal device.
FINRA Rules Regarding Communications with Investors
- Brokers must adhere to strict guidelines regarding communications with investors, according to FINRA Rule 2210. Investors are not allowed to use personal devices to communicate with investors because brokerage firms are required to maintain records of correspondence with investors.
- A violation of FINRA Rule 2210 is also a violation of FINRA Rule 2010, which states that brokers must observe high standards of commercial honor.
- Firms also have written supervisory procedures (WSPs) regarding correspondence with investors. FINRA Rule 3110 requires that these supervisory procedures must be designed to achieve compliance with FINRA regulations.
Cory Odland Background Information
Cory Odland has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
Cory Odland has not registered with any firm besides Edward Jones (CRD #: 250).
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Cory Odland and you have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Please contact Kurta Law if you have any questions regarding Cory Odland’s conduct as a broker.