Investor Alleges Cheryl Squier Failed to Observe a Stop Sell Order
Cheryl Squier (CRD #:2198681), a registered broker and investment advisor with D.A. Davidson & Co, is involved in an investor dispute, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on October 27, 2021. Keep reading for more details regarding the allegations.
On August 19, 2021, an investor filed a dispute alleging that Cheryl Squier neglected to cancel an open sell stop order, which resulted in the stock being sold.
What is a Stop Order?
A stop order is an order to buy or sell a security when it reaches a predetermined price, limiting the investor’s loss, or locking in a profit. Once the stock reaches the predetermined price, the stop order becomes a market order. FINRA recommends the use of stop orders as a tool for managing market risk. According to FINRA Rule 5350(a), registered members are obliged to accept a stop order or stop-limit order in security.
The dispute is still pending.
Cheryl Squier Background Information
Cheryl Squier has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
Cheryl Squier is a registered broker in 18 states. She is a registered investment adviser in Colorado and Texas.
Besides D.A. Davidson & Co, Cheryl Squier has worked with the following firms:
- Wells Fargo Clearing Services (CRD#:19616)
- Edward Jones (CRD#:250)
- SunAmerica Securities (CRD#:20068)
- Aegon USA Securities (CRD#:13302)
- Banc One Securities Corporation (CRD#:16999)
- Liberty Securities Corporation (CRD#:14416)
- FN Investment Center (CRD#:19631)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Cheryl Squier and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Please contact us today if you would like us to evaluate your potential case.