Cathy Wu Involved in Two Pending Unsuitability Disputes
Cathy Wu (CRD #: 4924232), a broker registered with Cetera Investment Services, is facing two pending unsuitability disputes, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on March 2, 2022. She is also a registered investment advisor with Cetera Investment Advisors.
In 2021, Cathy Wu was involved in two investor disputes alleging unsuitable investment recommendations. The investors are seeking $330,000 and $75,000 respectively.
Brokers must consider the factors listed below when providing advice to investors.
- The investor’s current financial state
- The investor’s financial goals
- The investor’s risk tolerance
According to FINRA Rule 2111, brokers may be liable for investor claims if they recommend investments that are not suitable.
To prove an unsuitability claim, you must establish that:
- A transaction took place between yourself and the broker
- You sustained damages (lost money)
- The broker was aware of your financial situation
Make sure you are not being taken advantage of by contacting the securities attorneys at Kurta Law as soon as possible.
Cathy Wu has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
Cathy Wu is a registered broker in four states. She is also a registered investment advisor in California.
Besides Cetera Investment Services, Cathy Wu has also worked with the following firms:
- UBS Financial Services (CRD#:8174)
- UBS International (CRD#:107726)
- UCB Investment Services (CRD#:125574)
- Genesis Securities (CRD#:46992)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Cathy Wu and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.