Bryan Musso Racks Up Eighth Investor Dispute
Bryan Musso (CRD #: 2304057), a previously registered broker with Wells Fargo, is the subject of a six-figure dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on August 15, 2023. Keep reading if you have questions about his conduct as a broker.
On June 23, 2023, an investor alleged that Bryan Musso breached his fiduciary duty and recommended unsuitable investments. The investor is seeking $187,826.
Older investor disputes make similar allegations.
- On June 15, 2018, an investor alleged his account was mismanaged and that Bryan Musso recommended unsuitable alternative investments and annuities. This dispute was settled for $50,000.
- On December 17, 2017, an investor alleged that Bryan Musso recommended shares of oil and gas investments. Oil and gas investments are often unsuitable due to their risky nature. The dispute was settled for $300,000.
There are five other disputes on his record.
What is an Unsuitable Investment?
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to evaluate whether an investment fits their investor’s financial goals. Brokers must examine the investor’s profile, which contains the following investor characteristics:
- Financial goals
- Risk tolerance
- Time horizon (i.e., how long the investor plans to hold the investment)
- Investing experience
- Tax status
Investors who rely on brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses by pursuing FINRA arbitration.
Bryan Musso has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 31 Futures Managed Funds Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
He has registered with the following firms:
- Wells Fargo Clearing Services (CRD #: 19616)
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (CRD #: 149777)
- CitiGroup Global Markets (CRD #: 7059)
- Morgan Stanley DW Inc. (CRD #: 7556)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Bryan Musso and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm that exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.