Bill Sewell is Facing an Investor Dispute
Bill Sewell (CRD #: 724376), a broker registered with Janney Montgomery Scott, is the subject of an investor dispute. This disclosure appears on his BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 20, 2023. Keep reading if you have questions regarding his alleged conduct.
On October 4, 2023, an investor alleged that Bill Sewell failed to disclose he was opening a fee-based account for the client.
FINRA Rules and Regulations
Fee-based accounts may be unsuitable for many clients based on the charges they incur. Additionally, failing to disclose fees is a violation of FINRA Rule 2020, which prohibits the omission of material information that could affect an investor’s decision to buy a security or open an account.
FINRA Rule 2010
FINRA Rule 2010 holds brokers to high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade. Failing to disclose fees to a client violates this rule.
Bill Sewell has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 3 National Commodity Futures Examination
- Series 5 Interest Rate Options Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 10 General Securities Sales Supervisor – General Module Examination
- Series 9 General Securities Sales Supervisor – Options Module Examination
He is a registered broker in 37 states, D.C., and the Virgin Islands. He is a registered investment adviser in North Carolina and Texas.
During his 42 years of experience, he has registered with ten firms:
- Janney Montgomery Scott (CRD #: 463)
- BB&T Securities (CRD #: 142785)
- Wells Fargo Advisors (CRD #: 19616)
- Robert W. Baird & Co. (CRD #: 8158)
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (CRD #: 149777)
- CitiGroup Global Markets (CRD #: 7059)
- The Robinson-Humphrey Company (CRD #: 723)
- Lehman Brothers (CRD #: 7506)
- E.F. Hutton & Company (CRD #: 235)
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Bill Sewell and have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm that exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.