Investors Allege Bill Braun Violated Suitability Rule
Bill Braun (CRD #: 1271500), a broker registered with B. Riley Wealth Management, is involved in a pending investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on December 26, 2022. Keep reading if you want to know more about his alleged conduct as a broker.
On November 7, 2022, an investor named Bill Braun in a dispute alleging a violation of the suitability rule. The client seeks $200,000 in damages in this pending dispute.
A dispute filed on November 26, 2019, alleged that Bill Braun made an unsuitable recommendation of a private placement. The client sought $200,000 and received a settlement of $50,000.
Five other disputes, filed from 2019-2021, variously alleged that Bill Braun acted negligently, gave unsuitable investment recommendations, or otherwise violated the suitability rule.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires that brokers tailor their investment recommendations to an investor’s profile, which contains information about their risk tolerance, tax status, and financial goals.
Investors who rely on brokers for recommendations may be able to recoup their losses by pursuing FINRA arbitration.
What is broker negligence?
Brokers may act in many negligent ways, including by executing unauthorized trades, misrepresenting or omitting material facts, or failing to supervise other brokers. Investors who feel their losses were caused by broker negligence may be able to recover their money through FINRA arbitration.
Bill Braun has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
Bill Braun is a registered broker in 18 states and a registered investment adviser in Florida and Texas.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- National Securities Corporation (CRD#:7569)
- National Asset Management (CRD#:115927)
- Janney Montgomery Scott (CRD#:463)
- JWGenesis Securities (CRD#:33832)
- Corporate Securities Group (CRD#:11025)
- J. W. Gant & Associates (CRD#:7963)
- Michelin and Company (CRD#:14447)
- The Stuart-James Company (CRD#:11691)
- Vantage Securities of Colorado (CRD#:8622)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Bill Braun and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.