Austin Dutton Racks up 24th Investor Dispute
Austin Dutton (CRD #: 2739167), a registered broker with American Trust Investment Services, is involved in his 24th investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on October 28, 2021. Keep reading for more details.
On September 24, 2021, an investor filed a dispute against Austin Dutton, alleging unsuitable recommendations, overconcentration, and misrepresentation. The damage amount requested is $99,999; the dispute is still pending.
Except for one customer claim from 2004 alleging misrepresentation that was closed due to lack of action, the other disputes on Austin Dutton’s record have resulted in settlements. Many of these disputes accuse him of breach of contract, fiduciary duty, negligence, omissions, and unsuitability.
- In 2020, Austin Dutton faced two investor disputes:
In June, an investor filed a dispute against him alleging unsuitable investments, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract. In January, another investor filed a dispute against him alleging negligence, misrepresentation, omission of material fact, and breach of fiduciary duty. These disputes were collectively settled for $95,000.
- In 2019, Austin Dutton faced three investor disputes:
The claims included alleged selling securities without adequate due diligence, negligence, misrepresentation, omission of material fact, and breach of fiduciary duty. The three cases were collectively settled for $87,500.
- In 2018, Austin Dutton faced twelve investor disputes.
Many of these cases allege Austin Dutton breached his contract, breached his fiduciary duty, engaged in negligence, made omissions, and made unsuitable investment recommendations. All these cases were collectively settled for $382,250.
- In 2017, Austin Dutton faced four investor disputes:
In December, three investors filed disputes alleging unsuitable investments, misrepresentation, and material omission. These cases collectively settled for $67,500.
In November, another investor filed a dispute against him alleging violations of Federal Securities Laws, The Pennsylvania Securities Act, The Pennsylvania Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Act, sale of unsuitable securities, negligence, common law fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and failure to supervise. The case settled for $15,000.
- In 2015, Austin Dutton faced one investor dispute:
The allegations included misrepresentations and omissions, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, breach of contract, and failure of supervision. The case was settled for $14,999.
On July 24, 2017, the State of Pennsylvania alleged Austin Dutton recommended unsuitable investments. He consented to a $200,000 fine.
Austin Dutton Background Information
Austin Dutton has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
He is a registered broker in Pennsylvania.
Besides American Trust Investment Services, Austin Dutton has worked with:
- American Trust Investment Services (CRD#:3001)
- Sandlapper Wealth Management (CRD#:41534)
- Sandlapper Securities (CRD#:137906)
- Center Street Advisors (CRD#:169329)
- Center Street Securities (CRD#:26898)
- Newbridge Financial Services Group (CRD#:130814)
- Newbridge Securities Corporation (CRD#:104065)
- Boenning & Scattergood (CRD#:100)
- Ferris, Baker Watts Incorporated (CRD#:285)
- A. G. Edwards & Sons (CRD#:4)
- Prudential Securities Incorporated (CRD#:7471)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you suffered losses after working with Austin Dutton, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Please contact us today if you would like us to evaluate your potential case.