Anthony Harrigan Allegedly Recommended Unsuitable Alternative Investments
Anthony Harrigan (CRD #: 1817525), a broker registered with Lion Street Financial, allegedly made unsuitable investment recommendations, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 30, 2022. Investors may have also engaged his services through Csenge Advisory Group. Read on to learn more about his conduct as a broker.
On October 11, 2022, multiple investors filed a dispute alleging that Anthony Harrigan gave unsuitable recommendations of alternative investments that did not fit the clients’ investment needs and objectives. They further allege that he overconcentrated their portfolio in high-risk and “complicated” investments. The investors seek $100,000 in this pending dispute.
In a dispute filed on March 12, 2021, an investor alleged that Anthony Harrigan misrepresented investments as being “relatively risk free” and failed to inform the client of losses. The client seeks $780,961 in this pending dispute.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to evaluate whether an investment fits their investor’s financial goals. Brokers must take into account an investor’s profile, which contains information about their age, tax status, and other investments.
Investment strategies are also subject to this rule. Overconcentration of a client’s portfolio in a single sector can expose an investor to an unsuitable degree of risk, for example.
Investors who rely on their broker for recommendations may be able to recover their losses by seeking out FINRA arbitration.
FINRA Rule 2020
FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits the use of manipulative, deceptive, or otherwise fraudulent tactics to influence investors’ decisions. Misrepresenting an investment’s risks, potential returns, or other features violates this rule.
Anthony Harrigan has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 31 – Futures Managed Funds Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
Anthony Harrigan is a registered broker in 20 states and the District of Columbia. He is also a registered investment adviser in Colorado.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Triad Advisors (CRD#:25803)
- LPL Financial (CRD#:6413)
- Citigroup Global Markets (CRD#:7059)
- PaineWebber (CRD#:8174)
- Banc One Securities Corporation (CRD#:16999)
- BA Investment Services (CRD#:12965)
- Invest Financial Corporation (CRD#:12984)
- Fidelity Brokerage Services (CRD#:7784)
- Advantage Capital (CRD#:146)
- American Capital Marketing (CRD#:6699)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Anthony Harrigan and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.