Investor Claims Angela Granata Recommended Unsuitable REITs
Angela Granata (CRD #: 1907590), a broker registered with J.W. Cole Financial, is involved in an unsuitability dispute, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on April 20, 2022. She is also an investment advisor registered with J. W. Cole Advisors.
According to the allegations filed on January 24, 2022, Angela Granata recommended an unsuitable REITS and insurance policy. The investor is seeking $80,000一the dispute is still pending.
What are REITs?
A real estate investment trust (REIT) is an entity that holds a portfolio of income-producing real estate properties. REITs can be unsuitable due to their illiquid nature. Many REITs expect investors to keep their money in the investments for an extended period. REITs may also be unsuitable based on their underlying real estate investments.
If you lost money in unsuitable REITs, you might have a viable claim against your broker—contact the securities attorneys of Kurta Law for a free consultation.
FINRA Rule 2111 defines suitable investments as securities that fit an investor’s profile. An investor’s profile includes information about their risk tolerance, financial goals, and age. Investors who rely on their brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses through FINRA arbitration.
- Investments can be unsuitable because they are high risk and likely to lose money.
- Securities may also be unsuitable because they are illiquid and investors may have to pay high fees to cash out.
- Securities can be quantitatively unsuitable, which means that brokers executed an excessive number of trades.
- These requirements apply to the overall investment strategy as well as the investments themselves. For instance, an investment strategy might be unsuitable if the securities are over-concentrated in a particular stock or sector.
Angela Granata has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
Angela Granata is a registered broker in five states. She is also a registered investment advisor in Ohio and Michigan.
Angela Granata has also worked with the following firms:
- Key Investment Services (CRD#:136300)
- Mcdonald Investments (CRD#:566)
- Westminster Financial Securities (CRD#:20677)
- MFI Investments Corp. (CRD#:2864)
- Pruco Securities Corporation (CRD#:5685)
- The Prudential Insurance Company Of America (CRD#:680)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Angela Granata and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.