Andrew McCausland Allegedly Gave Misleading Investment Recommendations
Andrew McCausland (CRD #: 1595011), a broker registered with Ausdal Financial Partners, allegedly recommended unsuitable investments, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on May 11, 2023. Keep reading if you have questions about his alleged conduct as a broker.
On April 11, 2023, an investor alleged that Andrew McCausland made unsuitable and misleading investment recommendations. The client seeks $50,000 in damages in this pending dispute.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to evaluate whether an investment fits their investor’s financial goals. Brokers must take into account the information contained in an investor’s profile, such as their age, tax status, and risk tolerance.
Investors who feel their losses were caused by unsuitable investment recommendations may be able to recover their funds by pursuing FINRA arbitration.
FINRA Rule 2020
FINRA Rule 2020 forbids the use of deceptive, manipulative, and otherwise fraudulent means of influencing the purchase and sale of securities. Misrepresenting or omitting information about an investment’s limitations, requirements, or potential returns violates this rule.
Andrew McCausland has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 26 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Principal Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
Andrew McCausland is a registered broker in 13 states and a registered investment adviser in Illinois.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Harvest Investment Services (CRD#:159390)
- Investment Advisors (CRD#:15708)
- ProEquities (CRD#:15708)
- Intersecurities (CRD#:16164)
- World Group Securities (CRD#:114473)
- WMA Securities (CRD#:32625)
- Provident Distributors (CRD#:35174)
- Funds Distributor (CRD#:7174)
- Investors Brokerage Services (CRD#:4257)
- Kemper Financial Services (CRD#:798)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Andrew McCausland and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.