Alicia Hinojosa is Facing Unauthorized Trading Allegations
Alicia Hinojosa (CRD #: 296453), a broker registered with Safra Securities, is the subject of an investor dispute, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 17, 2023. Keep reading if you have concerns about her alleged conduct.
On October 11, 2023, an investor alleged that Alicia Hinojosa placed certain trades without authorization.
FINRA Rule 3260 – Unauthorized Trading
FINRA Rule 3260 requires brokers to receive written authorization from their clients before engaging in discretionary trading. Discretionary accounts must also be approved by the firm before this trading can occur. Discretionary trading that takes place in an account that has not been approved is unauthorized.
FINRA Rule 2010
FINRA Rule 2010 holds brokers to high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade. Unauthorized trading violates this rule.
On April 29, 2021, Merrill Lynch fired April Hinojosa following allegations that she entered into a financial arrangement with a client using an unapproved application to communicate with a client.
Previous Investor Dispute
On March 18, 221, an investor alleged that Alicia Hinojosa accepted a loan from her. Loans between brokers and customers may violate FINRA Rule 3240. The dispute was denied, but investors should know that firms can deny disputes without any external review.
Alicia Hinojosa has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 10 General Securities Sales Supervisor – General Module Examination
- Series 9 General Securities Sales Supervisor – Options Module Examination
She is a registered broker in California, Florida, New York, and Wyoming.
Alicia Hinojosa has registered with the following firms:
- Safra Securites (CRD #: 47873)
- Merrill Lynch (CRD #: 7691)
- CitiGroup Global Markets (CRD #: 7059)
- IDX Derivatives LLC (CRD #: 107473)
- Spencer Clarke (CRD #: 41316)
- Legg Mason Wood Walker (CRD #: 6555)
- CIBC Oppenheimer (CRD #: 630)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Alicia Hinojosa and have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm that exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.