Airung Liu Facing Unsuitable Investment Allegations
Airung Liu (CRD #: 4661602), a broker registered with Securities America, Inc., is facing allegations of unsuitable investment recommendations. This information is from Airung Liu’s BrokerCheck record, accessed on March 16, 2022. You can find more information below about Airung Liu’s conduct as a broker.
Unsuitable Investment Allegations
On January 14, 2022, an investor alleged that Airung Liu made unsuitable investment recommendations. The investor is seeking $50,000; the dispute is pending.
What is an Unsuitable Investment?
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to evaluate whether an investment fits their investor’s financial goals. Brokers must examine the investor’s profile, which contains the following investor characteristics:
- Financial goals
- Risk tolerance
- Time horizon (i.e., how long the investor plans to hold the investment)
- Investing experience
- Tax status
Airung Liu has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 31 – Futures Managed Funds Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
Airung Liu is currently registered in 11 states and is a registered investment adviser in California and Texas.
He has worked for the following firms:
- Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc. (CRD #:134139)
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc. (CRD #:39543)
- HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. (CRD #:19585)
- Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated (CRD #:8209)
- Morgan Stanley (CRD #:7556)
- Morgan Stanley DW Inc. (CRD #:7556)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Airung Liu and have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.